Fill out and submit the NEA Grant Application Form and upload items to NEA-GO.
You will use the NEA GrantsOnline™ System (NEA-GO) to complete Step 2 of the application process. You must first have successfully completed Step 1 (submitting the SF-424 to Grants.gov) by the application deadline of record.
First Art Works Deadline:
|Step 1 - Submit SF-424 to Grants.gov
||February 18, 2016 by 11:59 pm Eastern Time
|Step 2 - Submit Materials to NEA-GO
||February 25, 2016 to 11:59 pm Eastern Time on March 3, 2016
Do not attempt to complete Step 2 before NEA-GO becomes available to you on these dates. Your log on credentials will be created for you. Do not log in to the system early and create your own NEA-GO registration. If you do, it will prevent you from accessing the system.
1. Accessing NEA-GO:
- Password = Agency Tracking Number/NEA Application Number
- Once you are logged on to NEA-GO, select the "Link to Formset" icon on the My Forms page to access the Grant Application Form
How do I find my Grants.gov tracking number? Your Grants.gov tracking number is assigned to you by Grants.gov at the time you submit your SF-424. A confirmation screen will appear once your SF-424 submission is complete. Your Grants.gov tracking number will be provided at the bottom of this screen. Remember to save this number.
How do I find my Agency Tracking #/NEA Application Number? The NEA assigns the number to your application 1-2 business days after you submit your SF-424, but no earlier than February 8 if you applied to the February 18 application deadline – and no earlier than July 4 if you applied to the July 14 application deadline. The number is not available before these dates. Log on to Grants.gov with the Grants.gov Username and Password that you used to submit your SF-424. Select the Check My Application feature to find your Agency Tracking#/NEA Application Number. NOTE: Check My Application is a separate feature from Track My Application at Grants.gov.
For specific help on how to complete your application, please review the instructions in these guidelines or contact the discipline staff that is appropriate to your project (see "Agency Contacts").
2. Fill out the Grant Application Form
You will submit a substantial part of your application through the Grant Application Form (GAF) in NEA-GO, including:
- Answers to narrative questions about your organization and project.
- Financial information about your organization and project.
- Bios of key individuals.
- Upload work samples and statements of support (For certain disciplines only)
Click below to see the application questions, instructions, and information about required application materials that you will submit through the Grant Application Form in NEA-GO.
Art Works FY17 Step 2 Application Instructions:
You should prepare your responses and material well in advance of the deadline and have them fully ready to upload once NEA-GO opens for you. You will not have access to the Grant Application Form until NEA-GO opens for you to submit your application materials on the dates noted above.
Note: We strongly urge you to complete and submit the Grant Application Form and upload materials outside of NEA-GO’s hours of heaviest usage, generally 8:00 pm to 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, on the day of the deadline.
Submit your materials to NEA-GO prior to the deadline to give yourself ample time to resolve any problems that you might encounter. You take a significant risk by waiting until the day of the deadline to submit.
- Most problems can be solved by changing your browser. If that doesn't work, change devices.
- NEA staff will not be available to help you after 5:30 p.m., Eastern Time, on the day of the deadline.
Don't forget to hit the "Submit" button when you are ready to submit your application. If you do not hit the "Submit" button, your application will not be received.
NEA-GO closes at 11:59 p.m., Eastern Time, on the day of the deadline. Be sure you have finished uploading your materials and hit the "Submit" button prior to that time.
You will receive confirmation of your successful submission in two ways: 1) a pop up on your screen, and 2) an email from noreply at culturegrants.org. Maintain documentation of your successful submission. If you modify your application after you submit, you will not receive additional confirmations.
You also can confirm that your application was received when you log in to NEA-GO. On the first screen it will say “Received” if your application has been received. If your application has not yet been received, it will say “In Progress.”
After submitting your application, you may log back into NEA-GO and make modifications to your submission up until the system closes on the day of the deadline. Remember to hit the "Save" and "Submit" button again prior the deadline.
You may print a copy of your application at any time, whether in draft or final form, for your records. The print icon is located on the My Forms page.
Some special characters (such as ampersands, quotation marks, apostrophes, and angle brackets) take up more character counts than others in webforms, including the Grant Application Form. This is because certain characters are translated into HTML code which takes up more than one character space. If you notice a higher than expected character count when you enter information directly into the Grant Application Form or copy and paste from your word processing program, here are a few tips:
- Transfer your text into a text-only utility like Notepad before pasting it into the Grant Application Form. This will delete hidden HTML code to ensure the proper capture of your text. However, any formatting you had will be deleted.
- Use a solution other than special characters. For example, instead of using quotation marks for titles of works, put them in italics and that won't affect character count.
- Use only one space after the end of sentences. Single spaces after punctuation marks (periods, commas, colons, etc.) only reduce the character counter by one character. If you enter two spaces after a period, HTML coding adds extra spaces.
Also, save character space by limiting the use of tabs.
- View the Grant Application Form Tutorial for other helpful tips to assist you in completing the online form.