Arts & Human Development Task Force May 2016 Webinar
On May 4, 2016, National Endowment for the Art staff along with staff from the Department of Education hosted a webinar introducing a new funding opportunity. The National Center for Education Research (NCER), within ED’s Institute of Education Sciences (IES), recently introduced a new set of special topics to encourage more research in under-studied areas. The “Arts in Education” special topic supports research to understand how K-12 arts programs and policies may improve the education outcomes of students. An overview presentation was followed bu a Q&A session.
• Jane Best, Director, Arts Education Partnership, Education Commission of the States
• Doug Herbert, Special Assistant, Office of Innovation and Improvement, ED
• James Benson, Program Officer, Policy and Systems Division, NCER/IES, ED
• Erin Higgins, Education Research Analyst, NCER/IES, ED
• Sunil Iyengar, Director of Research & Analysis, NEA, will moderate the webinar