National Council on the Arts Meeting, October 30, 2015
The tri-annual public meeting of the National Council on the Arts took place on Friday, June 26, 2015. The meeting included agency business and updates from Chairman Jane Chu as well as guest presentations.
* NEA Office of Public Affairs Director Jess Sarmiento on the NEA's new 50th anniversary web and public information materials.
* George Stevens, Jr., Co-Chair President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities & Founding Director of the American Film Institute (AFI), on the role of the NEA the creation of AFI and the importance of NEA support over it's life.
* Goodman Theater Artistic Director Robert Falls on the wide range of theater supported by the NEA helping to make the Goodman one the nation's most influential theaters.
* Alvin Ailey Dance Theater Executive Director Bennett Rink on the significance of early NEA funding on the company and how continued support has assisted the company's ongoing expansion.
* Deaf West Theatre Artistic director DJ Kurs on the profound impact of the Deaf West on his and the hearing-impaired community's lives.