“The Arts . . . belong to all the people of the United States.”
The National Endowment for the Arts (NEA) is proud to support the nation’s arts sector with grant opportunities so that together we can help everyone live more artful lives. The arts contribute to our individual well-being, the well-being of our communities, and to our local economies. As we emerge from the pandemic and plan for the future, the arts are also crucial to helping us make sense of our circumstances from different perspectives.
The NEA is the only arts funder in the United States—public or private—that provides access to the arts in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. jurisdictions. Each year, we award thousands of grants nationwide, including grants to first-time applicants.
Whether you are a first-time or returning applicant, we welcome the opportunity to connect with you. Our staff strives to ensure that all applicants receive the support they need to understand every step of the process.
- First Time Applicant Guide for Organizations
- How are applications reviewed? Grant Review Process
- Want to get involved? Volunteer to be a Panelist
- See the wide variety of projects and grant recipients we have funded.
- Find out more about funding opportunities available through your state arts agency and regional arts organization.