Report Fraud, Waste or Abuse to the NEA OIG

Contact us to provide information about fraud, waste or abuse via:
Internet Form:
Local Telephone Number: 202-682-5479
Anonymous Hotline: 1-877-535-7448
Fax: 202-682-5649
Mail: NEA Office of Inspector General 400 7th Street, SW Washington, DC 20506 ATTN: OIG HOTLINE
The people involved in NEA programs and operations, whether NEA employees, grantees, or others working on NEA programs, grants, or contracts, are in the best position to detect problems. All federal employees are required to report violations of law and Standards of Conduct and danger to public health and safety. All citizens should feel a moral responsibility to report violations to assure that taxpayers’ monies are well spent. You can help the Office of Inspector General (OIG) improve management and eliminate fraud by providing information to the OIG about allegations or suspicions of fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement, or unnecessary government expenditures. Some examples of key violations to be reported are:
  • Mismanagement (theft or misuse) of NEA grant funds
  • Conflicts of interest
  • Theft and misuse of property, including information technology resources
  • Travel fraud
  • Misuse of Government credit card
  • Abuse of authority
  • Program mismanagement
  • Time and attendance abuse
  • Waste of Government supplies and services
If you need further information or want to discuss any allegation, please contact our office. To ensure that your concerns are appropriately addressed, it is critically important that you provide as much information as possible in support of your complaint, including:
  1. The identity and contact information of the violator(s),
  2. the identity and contact information of those persons who can corroborate the allegations, and
  3. the description and location of relevant documentary and physical evidence.
While anonymous complaints are welcome, please understand that a lack of sufficient and specific information may mean that our office is unable to investigate the allegation. If you have concerns about prohibited personnel practices, whistleblowing, or Hatch Act violations, you should review the information on the Office of Special Counsel's web site to determine whether you can report your concern to OSC.